Monday, June 20, 2005

Beamline life (part 2)

Well, I'm still up on Long Island. Things are going relatively well. We are still waiting to receive the detector that was supposed to be here by the beginning of June. I feel pretty bad for Chris because he has a bunch of data that he needs to get before graduating and he sort of needs the new detector to get it. Because the detector isn't here yet, things are pretty laid back. We are doing what we can, but mostly are just twiddling our thumbs. I think we are going to make a video that we will use for our PhD presentations. Most of the members of our committees have never been here to Long Island so they don't really know what the research facility is like. Plus I think it would be nice to show to any friends or family members that are interested in where I spend my time when I'm up here.

No comments: